Pages

Sunday, 4 December 2016

Re-rendering The Front Of Our House

I annoyingly didn't take any pictures close up of how bad the plaster was before but the rendering on the front of our home wasn't going to last another winter. Being the most expensive job we've planned & completed it took us over 6 months to find someone to do it and get the job going. The first image below is just from when we bought it - what you can't really see is the plaster flaking off the million holes all over it from where I can only imagine the previous owner had an extravagant Christmas light display at some point. 

I could have never imagined before starting this how many different types of render, primer & finishing compounds :$ you could buy for the outside of your house. After debating KRend, concrete boarding amongst others we opted for a good old fashioned sand & cement mix. We decided to ask for the scaffolding to be left up and painted it ourselves afterwards to save some pennies. We finished it in Sandtex Plymouth Grey. Massive lack of colour choice within the external paint market so it was inevitably going to be grey. I might have spent weeks picking which shade of grey but that's just normal behavior from me these days. 

The fear of heavy rain whilst the front of your house is exposed is huge but I'm glad we did it - finally the front of our house isn't letting us down and reflects what's inside a little more. 








No comments:

Post a Comment