I love the start of a new year it's a chance to have a good clear out, work out what my 2017 goals are & make plans for the next 12 months. 2016 was a great year for us we ticked so much off of our house to do list and it's lovely to be in a more relaxed DIY space for this year. The beginning of last year was a mad whirlwind of removing wallpaper, sanding, filling & painting everything white pretty much every weekend & evening we had a spare few hours. It's so lovely to this year start enjoying the little space we've made home and not be so urgent about house updates as I can happily sit here knowing there isn't a spot of cream within these walls.
We're obviously not finished though & I guess we never will be there's always some design or colour I want to give a go for us the main tick list for 2017 is:
- Rip out the current solid paneled stair case & replace with spindles & a simple wooden handrail
- Put laminate flooring in the downstairs hallway
- Have stairs & upstairs hall carpeted in something that isn't yellow!
- Create floor to ceiling 'pantry style larder' in the kitchen
- Create a cupboard around the boiler
- Paint kitchen floor
- Tile bathroom floor
There's obviously lots of smaller projects I'd like to do as well like change curtain rails, update all of the light switches & fixings that are left but above is the main focus for the year.
So excited for 2017 I have a good feeling about this year!